Listed below is a one month summary of the programmed activities of the Melbourne Bushwalkers for the current or a selected month. Use the navigation links below or on the adjacent calendar to select a different month. The walks are linked to previews when available. Notes below the program provide detailed explanations of the table entries.
Dates highlighted in blue on the calendar indicate days which have a scheduled activity.
- Near the walk date check the program and preview for any notes on changes or additional information.
- The starting date given for a multi-day activity is usually the day before the activity starts. For example, a weekend trip is usually shown as starting on the Friday because most people will travel the long distance to the activity area on the Friday evening. Check the preview and discuss with leader.
- Bookings for Sunday walks. Refer to the relevant FAQ item. No telephone bookings for Sunday walks.
- Bus transport (Sunday walks). Meet in Southbank Boulevard, south side of the Arts Centre, before 8:45am. Leader or deputy will be there; rain, hail or shine. Occasionally, if there is an event near Southbank Boulevard, the bus will leave from an alternative departure point and this will be noted on the walk program and preview.
- Cancellation of Sunday walk booking: To qualify for credit, the leader of the walk must be notified before the walk and a satisfactory reason given. For credit notes see the Sunday Walks Co-ordinator or delegated person on Wednesday club nights.
- Total Fire Bans. If a Total Fire Ban is declared for the Activity Area all Day Activities will be cancelled unless in Melbourne. For Multi-day Activities refer to the Total Fire Ban Policy and/or contact the Leader.
- Extreme Heat. If the for the Activity Area then all Day Activities will be cancelled. For Multi-day Activities refer to the Extreme Heat Policy and/or contact the Leader.
- FTC Codes. Each Activity is tagged [XX;yy] with a Fire Ban District and a Temperature Reference Code.
Fire Ban District Codes:
CN= Central, EG=East Gippsland, NE=North East, MA=Mallee, SW=South West,
NC=North Central, NY=North Country, WI=Wimmera, WG=West Gippsland.
Temperature Reference Codes:
aw=Albury-Wodonga, ba=Ballarat, be=Bendigo, bn=Bairnsdale, co=Colac, ec=Echuca, fc=Falls Creek, fr=Frankston, ge=Geelong, ha=Hamilton, ho=Horsham, lv=Latrobe Valley, mb=Mt Buller, md=Mt Dandenong, me=Melbourne, mh=Mt Hotham, mi=Mildura, or=Orbost, sa=Sale, se=Seymour, sh=Swan Hill, sp=Shepparton, wb=Warrnambool, wg=Wangaratta, wn=Wonthaggi, yg=Yarra Glen.
- Other Codes.
- DAY = Day Walk - Sat., Sun. or Wed.
- PC = Pack Carry
- BC = Base Camp or Walk-in Base Camp
- LOD = Lodge Trip
- MOF = MOFs Walk
- TOF = TOFs Walk
- HIS = Historical Walk
- SKI = Ski Trip
- CAN = Canoe Trip
- LIL = Lilo Trip
- SOC = Social Activity
- TRG = Training Activity
- CON = Conservation Activity
- MNT = Track Maintenance
- MTG = Meeting
- Grading (ie: Standard): See Introduction to Melbourne Bushwalkers for a guide to walk gradings.
- Elevation(s): Total Cumulative Elevation Rise over the length of a walk, derived from GPS records, if available, otherwise estimates derived from contour plots. These values are intended to give a rough indication of the effort required to undertake the walk. The higher the Total Cumulative Elevation Rise the hillier the terrain and/or the greater the elevation change between the lowest point and the highest point on the walk.