Bostock Reservoir header extension
 Home Page  Membership Walk & Camp Other Events    Program    Photogallery Downloads FAQs
Home Page About Us A Photographic History History 1940-1990
Membership Process Frequent Questions Location Maps Newsletters Library Holdings BWV Discounts Members Area
Other Events Overview Training Conservation Social
Photogallery Photo Archives Photo Submission Guide
General Downloads Walk magazine 1949-87 Newsletter Archive
Frequent Questions
Activities Program Notices of Coming Events Participant Responsibilities Trip Note Archive
Walk & Camp Overview Tips for New Bushwalkers Bus Walks with Melbourne Bushwalkers Overnight Bushwalking Basic Navigation Skills Equipment Hire Safety Guidelines Courtesy Guidelines Helpful Links
Start
Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Photogallery
Archive
1940-99


Walk
Magazine
Archive
1949-87


Newsletter
Archive
1949-
The Melbourne Bushies - Fifty years along the track (1940-90)

Day 1992, a work party screwed it down and painted it in the new green colour scheme. Labor Day long weekend was allotted to a National Park work party and track maintenance was carried out on some eroded sections of the snow-pole line between Cope Hut and Wallaces Hut.

The Rover Scouts and MBW have maintained close contact for many years. MBW has had to use the Rover radio phone to summon assistance on occasions such as that when Stan Attwood broke his hip. The Rovers were invaluable, using their Akja sledge with great skill to bring Stan safely over the patchy snow back to Wilky to await the Search and Rescue skidoo. Many groups have been invited around to the Rover Lodge for dinner, a social evening with a night-time ski home. The Rovers have checked on the security of Wilky on occasions and there has been liaison between the groups on our status in the area, plus at least one romance.

In the years that MBW has owned Wilky, many hours of work have gone into its maintenance and restoration. Club members have willingly given their time to work on the lodge, or to negotiate behind the scenes with various bodies, such as the National Parks Service and EPA. It has not been possible to name everybody who has worked on Wilky, but the Club is indebted to them all. The lodge is well used by the Club, both summer and winter, including the family groups originally envisaged and even some honeymooners. Above all, the Club is indebted to those members who had the foresight to purchase Wilky 30 years ago.


Members who donated Wilkinson Lodge to the Club

Alan Bennett, Joy Bennett, Fred Bravington, John Brownlie, Jack Coffey, Helen Downing, Bruce Draper, Betna Dryden, Lorton Fox, Val Goldsmith (now Elder), Helen Gordon, Fred Halls, Jim Hester, Bill Hordern, Rose Kinson, Noel Maggs, Margaret Manley, Graham McKinney, Barbara Muir, Bruce Muir, Isobel Muir, Warren Olle, Ian Phillips, Frank Pitt, Athol Schafer, Emil Slade, Gwynnyth Taylor, Bill Thompson