Bostock Reservoir header extension
 Home Page  Membership Walk & Camp Other Events    Program    Photogallery Downloads FAQs
Home Page About Us A Photographic History History 1940-1990
Membership Process Frequent Questions Location Maps Newsletters Library Holdings BWV Discounts Members Area
Other Events Overview Training Conservation Social
Photogallery Photo Archives Photo Submission Guide
General Downloads Walk magazine 1949-87 Newsletter Archive
Frequent Questions
Activities Program Notices of Coming Events Participant Responsibilities Trip Note Archive
Walk & Camp Overview Tips for New Bushwalkers Bus Walks with Melbourne Bushwalkers Overnight Bushwalking Basic Navigation Skills Equipment Hire Safety Guidelines Courtesy Guidelines Helpful Links
Start
Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Photogallery
Archive
1940-99


Walk
Magazine
Archive
1949-87


Newsletter
Archive
1949-
The Melbourne Bushies - Fifty years along the track (1940-90)

endure all kinds of dirty tricks from the consortium of owners who would not spend anything on maintenance as they wished to demolish the place and redevelop. However the place was resold and the new owners have spared no expense in bringing back this particular grand old mansion house to its former glory.

Because of recent developments and redevelopments history is being made all the time, the new replacing the old, and so, unfortunately, a significant number of the walks can never be fully repeated. Other walks have been made rather unpleasant by the noise of ever-multiplying motor traffic - a case in point is the arterial road along Gardiners Creek, despite compensating landscaping. Quiet, or relatively quiet, areas of historical interest are still to be found by anyone with the time and inclination for a little research into the past and the present.

Athol Schafer